Thursday, September 16, 2010

Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr.

Well, well, well, we meet again!  Here we are sitting, chatting, and thinking why it has been so long.  I can only say that I have been a very busy girl.  But I am back on the book track and reading like a champ again.  So let's get to it!
  This weeks book is Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr.

   I found myself very lost in the beginning.  Getting very confused as to who was who.  I know it has been a while since I read this series, but I thought I remembered where it left off.  What I didn't remember that it is not Melissa's style to just pick up where she left off.  Isn't this why I like her writing so much?  Yes it is!  Each book of the series is never about the same main character.  Each one entangled into each other by different but same characters.  If that makes any sense to you. It does to me.  Think of it as a book series kind of like that show 24.  Just not as lame.  All the characters play an important part to the overall story but all happen at the same time or slightly after.
   Moving on from that.  Once I found my way around the world of Huntsdale again, I settled in and read my eyes blind through the chapters.  Ani, is one of our main characters and she belongs to the Hounds.  She feeds off of both faerie and human emotions and touch.  Which makes her very different and very important.  She is part of the Dark Court, which is now ruled by Niall with Irial as an advisor. (These two you met in Ink Exchange.)  We met her in the previous books, but only in passing or for brief moments.  She is a young, strong half mortal half faerie.
   Let's cue in our other main character, Devlin.  Devlin is a faerie as well but he serves the High Queen of Faerie, Sorcha.  He is her thug, assassin, or as they say in the book "her bloody hand".  He was made by Sorcha and her twin sister, Bananach.  (History: Sorcha - High Queen of Faerie / Balance  Bananach - WAR /chaos.)  Unable to live his own life Devlin feels trapped doing the queens bidding.
    Devlin was ordered to kill Ani when she was only a pup.  Thanks to his ethereal friend, Rae, who comes to him in his dreams, she persuades him not kill Ani.  Cue up a long time later and he finds himself in a nightclub with her.  She kisses him and drinks up his emotions. Their lives become entangled together to make a huge change in the mortal world and in faerie.
    I don't want to go more into it and tell you the whole book.  Otherwise you won't read it.  Overall I really enjoyed the book, it just took me a while to sit down and get committed. I am glad I did.  If you are interested in checking out more of Melissa Marr's writing you can check out her website at Harper Teen on Here.

  Thanks for stopping by.  I will try to keep updating.  I am finished with Captivate as well.  Just need to eat some lunch before I can write a review. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment